Dronesurvey Asia is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and your personal data.
This statement (together with our Terms of Service and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or subscribe to our mailing list.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to such requests.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain online services offered by us, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the full end-to-end security of your data transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Some basic personal data is provided to an email marketing service provider when consented to for the purpose of email marketing. See the next section.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information, including information collected through using Google Analytics (http://www.google.com/analytics), about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Site according to your individual interests.
- to speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to the Site.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products
- To inform you of important industry news, including changes in the regulations relating to operating unmanned aircraft
- If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Dronesurvey Asia or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Dronesurvey Asia, our customers, or others.
Access to Information
In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of Hong Kong, you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of HK$100 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.